2.0!

General General Board 2.0!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    thatoneguy
      • Topics - 29
      • Replies - 66
      • Total - 95
      • Journeyman
      • β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Heya!

Just wanted to drop in and say thank you to all responsible for the new updates and coming 2.0! I know there has been a lot of critcism (there always is) thrown your way and suggested changes/fixes. It’s too rare that anybody really shows any appreciation for the obviously hard work that goes into doing so, so thanks again! Looking forward to it. πŸ˜€

bork
        • Topics - 1
        • Replies - 3
        • Total - 4
        • Neophyte
        • β˜…

and with all of this, i am out. been fun everyone.

cinnamon
          • Topics - 5
          • Replies - 20
          • Total - 25
          • Novice
          • β˜…β˜…

I know right?! Super excited for this!! As this is the ONLY computer game I play (yes, for real) I am looking forward to December 14, 2018! Also want to send out a big THANK YOU to the guys who are taking the time from their lives to provide this server for all of us to enjoy!!
          As I use my cell phone data to play, macroing can be a bit tough. Depending on how good the reception is, that determines whether I stay connected or if it’s sufficient to allow me to hunt without dying from lag etc…
          That being said, earlier today I brought my PC tower to my neighbor’s house so he can hook up a Wi-Fi booster thingy. He is trying to make it possible for me to connect to his internet. Really hoping that it works! I’m a complete “Techno-Tard” so I am clueless when it comes to that sort of thing. LMAO πŸ˜‚!
          Want to be ready when the shard is up so I can get started building new characters and not be limited by my cellphone service!
          So excited! Counting down the days!

Kieeps
            • Topics - 2
            • Replies - 13
            • Total - 15
            • Neophyte
            • β˜…

sure there are some good things in the pipe…but where is the thief buff Dreams!

Dreams
            Administrator

Hi Kieeps!

Sometimes we need to read between the lines to see what is affecting our classes in positive ways:

Nagash’s Staff of Sorcery now boost less.
                Stat mods now give +2 per level instead of 5.

With less stats for everyone means that thief poison will have a higher impact in the PvP scene. It also means that it will be more equal to other classes in PvE.

Might not look as much, but the effect of this can be bigger than you expect.

Hope this clears things up for you, also if things need tweaking later on it shouldn’t be a problem to adjust!

payne
                  • Topics - 0
                  • Replies - 33
                  • Total - 33
                  • Novice
                  • β˜…β˜…

Im excited for this! Payne is back in town :^)

elderad
                    • Topics - 2
                    • Replies - 10
                    • Total - 12
                    • Neophyte
                    • β˜…

I like power hour idea i mentioned to Nagash a while ago.
                    Just thought they would make it a dropable item where you can activate it for yourself since well… Life happens and we cant all be there when it starts πŸ˜€

lonewolf
                      • Topics - 16
                      • Replies - 56
                      • Total - 72
                      • Journeyman
                      • β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I think the idea of power hour is to spike activity to increase chance of player interaction. If that’s the case a personal usable item wouldn’t have the desired effect.

Double profit from hunting during this one hour window most likely isn’t the end of the world if you miss.

Dunno about half resource costs though. If that affects gems and zulu it may be a tad bit too good to ever consider passing up. Imagine sitting on gems and waiting for crafting power hour for weeks on weeks and just seeing the much more “useless” skill gain power hour every time (it is bound to happen! πŸ˜‰ )

Good to see some activity again anyway. Sounds like some exciting changes that might breathe some extra life into the shard and the player base this second time around πŸ™‚

Also I’m curious how the fact that power tomes and pots cap at 150 as well as the new “very rare” legendary items do will pan out in the long run. Maybe they will complement each other nicely. And maybe it is nice that the super rare items may not be the ultimate best in slot items as well πŸ™‚

Excited about the idea of leveling the playing field a bit, and the ambition that veterans shouldn’t be impossibly strong compared to newer players. I personally also find the plans of making the good loot more common a good idea. As having to spend days of hunting to find a decent item together with a full-loot free-pvp world is an equation that mostly just works if you have near infinite amount of time to put into playing πŸ˜€

cinnamon
                        • Topics - 5
                        • Replies - 20
                        • Total - 25
                        • Novice
                        • β˜…β˜…

Nice to think that if you’re murdered and looted it’s not game over. Those favorite items can be replaced. Lots of players have thrown in the towel and stopped playing because they lost their one and only set of decent gear that took them months of hunting to collect.
                        Without any statues to create a safe mining area, crafter is going to be that much more vulnerable. I wish there was something or someway to protect/defend themselves against being “harvested” for resources. Even if you are present there is no way to defend themselves against attacks. Running and recalling usually isn’t an option. Can’t recall until the loop is finished and by then you’re a ghost. Defensive spell casting clothing is also ineffective as there is only a small chance that they will cast a defensive spell. Most likely not harm the attacker even if the clothing does work.
                        Personally find that being a helpless lamb among a whole pack of wolves extremely annoying. Can’t fight, can’t run, can’t hide behind a wall. Pretty much screwed and at the mercy of the least skilled of the classes.
                        Wish they would drop dead themselves if they attack a crafter. Then they would find out what it’s like. It’s simply unfair cuz everyone knows that a Crafter is easy picking.

elderad
                          • Topics - 2
                          • Replies - 10
                          • Total - 12
                          • Neophyte
                          • β˜…

Cinimon has an idea. On Zuluhotel in South africa. We had a system that when you are PK’d in the world by another player. He can not LOOT your items. He would have to wait for your body to decay. This would always have given time for other players to call on a guild member creating more activity for them to be able to fight back and reclaim your items.
                          The decay meter was 15 minutes. So most of us had hiding skill as a extra. This would allow people to get back to their body. Hide and atleast loot it back and try to get away if they are alone.

If they were not in a guild they would offer a reward for the help of getting their items back from the killer.

Although if you were to be found afk . your body dead. and lost your items. Well thats your own fault πŸ˜€

elderad
                            • Topics - 2
                            • Replies - 10
                            • Total - 12
                            • Neophyte
                            • β˜…

With the decay of the body the items would drop on to the floor just like most of the elementals did in dungeons.

cinnamon
                              • Topics - 5
                              • Replies - 20
                              • Total - 25
                              • Novice
                              • β˜…β˜…

Thanks Elderad for the support and suggestion. I feel very strongly that SOMETHING needs to be implemented to deter habitual Crafter killing. Mining is a tedious task and being completely vulnerable and defenseless against an attack is demoralizing. Frustrating when hours of collecting the resources necessary to build your character’s skills are lost in an instant.
                              Other classes are not as dependent upon using one skill to raise another. For example, need to raise mining to gather enough ores to raise blacksmithing and tinkering. Same for lumberjacking. Need to harvest a TON of logs for carpentry, bowcraft/fletching, tinkering.
                              Not fair that one CANNOT protect the resources that have taken such a long time to accumulate and are vital to building a Crafter.πŸ˜’
                              That’s my rant about this.

payne
                                • Topics - 0
                                • Replies - 33
                                • Total - 33
                                • Novice
                                • β˜…β˜…

You know what, while I like the idea of crafters being safe, the decay system does not work. i generally hunt alone or in a group of two, and if I pk someone, I dont want to stand around for 15 minutes masturbating while the corpse decays.

However, if we could somehow give Spec Crafters a [Tag] that makes their loot have to be decayed out, thats something, however I think there’s limitations to this so it wouldnt work. Grand idea tho.

reireirei
                                  • Topics - 23
                                  • Replies - 49
                                  • Total - 72
                                  • Journeyman
                                  • β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I like the decay idea. If you want that pk loot, you gotta stand your ground and protect it til you can grab it. It’ll give thieves a useful use, if they allowed a system to enable certain characters the ability to loot selected characters, like the friend/co owner system for houses.

I personally love my statues for house security. Limit how far you can extend them from the front door, or have them a droppable rare commodity. Make the resource to make them another vector to enhance the health of the economy.

So what benefits are there for returning accounts? I hope we can at least keep our skill caps that we slaved over getting.

I’m glad there’s a lot of love for the admins that are keeping the Zulu establishment alive. Thanks for alch the work you guys do!

dead
                                    • Topics - 5
                                    • Replies - 35
                                    • Total - 40
                                    • Apprentice
                                    • β˜…β˜…β˜…

The skill caps would be nice to keep, all the tomes for nothing πŸ™

Dreams
                                    Administrator

Hi guys!

Thanks for all the support and suggestions, we took some of your ideas in to consideration while we continued our work on the server.

We have updated the list on the front page but to make it easier for you, here is the new stuff. Hope you like it!

Commands:
                                        .showcaps now show stat caps aswell.

Items:
                                        GM Armors/weapons now show a yellow text when clicked to show its unbreakable.
                                        GM Weapons used to harvest materials will no longer break if too low skill.
                                        You can now use kindlings from your backpack.
                                        Kindlings now disappear abit quicker from the ground.
                                        Spear of Renah now have a chance to cast meteor swarm.
                                        Halberd of Alcatraz is now 2 tiles and hit slow but hard.
                                        Enchanted Sword of Zulu now have a chance to cast one of 5 different kind of spells.
                                        Erik’s Big Basher is now a dragon slayer weapon.
                                        Dekeron’s Thunder now have a higher cast chance.
                                        Bardiche of Lynx is now 2 tiles and has a random slaytype each hit.
                                        Axe of Anias now have a chance to cast explosion.

NPC:
                                        Merchants should no longer get stuck underground.
                                        Dark Lancer now deals abit less damage.

Skills:
                                        You can now use kindlings from your backpack.
                                        You can now find gems (ebon, dsr, rnd) inside safe/guarded areas again.
                                        The chance of finding zulu/gems (ebon, dsr, rnd) have been decreased inside of safe/guarded areas.
                                        The chance of finding zulu/gems (ebon, dsr, rnd) have been increased outside of safe/guarded areas.
                                        You will now receive double the amount of zulu/gems (ebon, dsr, rnd) outside of safe/guarded areas.
                                        Using omeros will now double the amount of zulu ore you get.

Explanations:

Stat potions:
                                        There will be one kind of potion for each different stat, they will be clearly named so you know which stat it will yield.
                                        When used you will gain 1 statpoint and increase your cap by 1. Your cap can be increased up to 150 base stat after that the potions will not grant a higher cap.
                                        You can however still use the stat potions to increase your statpoints if you haven’t reach your cap yet.

Champion spawns:
                                        Champion spawns will spawn waves of monsters that you need to kill as quick as possible. Failing to kill them quick enough will reset the spawn so make sure you have what it takes.
                                        While killing the champion monsters there will spawn white candles on the champion spawn showing your progress on the current wave. You will need 4 white candles to complete a wave and spawn a red candle indicating you completed a wave. There is 16 waves to complete before the champion boss spawns. Disclaimer, this is not a task for a solo player and estimated time to finish this is around 1 hour for 4 highly geared players.

cinnamon
                                          • Topics - 5
                                          • Replies - 20
                                          • Total - 25
                                          • Novice
                                          • β˜…β˜…

I personally don’t mind about starting fresh. Puts everyone even to start. People with existing accounts are receiving an advantage over those who are just joining the shard. I appreciate that.
                                          Read the email today and am satisfied with the changes made for crafter to collect resources. It’s not easy to build a high level Spec Crafter. Takes time and patience. Seen so many start and stop because of the time it takes. For myself, it’s part of playing UO and I like it 😊.
                                          Thank you to all the Staff for creating, hosting and maintaining Zulu Hotel Omega for all of us to enjoy!!
                                          Can’t wait for Friday night!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.